Monday, May 16

This Week at the Library

I've decided to post my weekly library finds. It is more for my future reference than anything else. My comments are open if you'd like to make some recommendations. (I love recommendations!)

Due June 16-

The Naked Chef Takes Off
by Jamie Oliver

The recipes in this book look really yummy! They appear simple enough to be everyday food while at the same time being elegant enough to be dinner party food. I have several recipes already earmarked!

Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots
by Sharon Lovejoy

A great book about gardening with children. There are several theme gardens outlined in the book as well as a multitude of tips and trivia. The boys and I are looking forward to planting a garden this summer! This yard is a clean slate - not one plant other than a lone rhodedendron in the front bed.

The Great American Cookie Book

A very thick book chock full of cookie recipes with enough pictures to make your mouth water! The kids and I have looked through and marked quite a few recipes to try.

~*~
No novels or thought provoking reading this week. I AM reading a little paperback for pleasure, though. Two For the Dough by Janet Evanovich. It is a fun little mystery. Not a lot of thinking required which is perfect for me right now.

~*~
Topher and I also went to story time. Once again he had a loads of fun. They read several classic children's stories (Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Three Little Pigs, Etc) and sang several songs. The craft this week was making necklaces from shoestring licorice and Fruit Loops. Not the best idea for a bunch of 3 and 4 (and a few 2) year olds to have sticky candy and cereal just before going in to paw over books in the Children's Library. Topher willingly saved his to eat after lunch. Unfortunately it has been rainy so there was no playground time after the library. We are hopeful for next week though!

No comments: