Saturday, May 7

Expanding My Horizons

I have a pretty extensive culinary palate. I love food and there is really nothing that I don't like. I am willing to try anything and everything. That said though, I have never cooked with Tofu. I am not sure if I have ever had it before either.

Our monthly Supper Club meets tonight and this month's theme is "Cinco De Mayo". In my continued effort to cook light and healthy I found a new recipe for guacamole. In addition to the avocado, it uses tofu.

Ingredients
Light Guacamole

1/4 pound firm tofu
2 oz sliced avocado
1/2 of a medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 Tbls diced green chile pepper
1 Tbls fresh lime juice
Dash of ground red pepper

In a food processor, blend tofu and avocado until smooth.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.


**Update -Guacomole The guacamole was great! Really very good. It met with rave reviews, too. Everyone gobbled it right up and no one had any idea that there was tofu in it. This recipe is a keeper.

No comments: