Monday, May 9

Books and Crafts!

Topher's-orange-visor Today was Story Time at the Library. Topher loves to go to the Library so when I found out that they have a story hour - with a craft! - for preschoolers, I knew we had to go. A good time was had by all! We sang songs ("ABC's, "Twinkle, Twinkle"), read stories ("Alexander and the Wind Up Mouse", "Are You My Mother?"), did finger plays ("I'm a Little Teapot", "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes") and finally we did a craft. Top-of-visor The children decorated little plastic visors with stick on letters and sparkly bits. (No pictures during story time as the woman reading was a little, umm... cranky with anyone she deemed the least bit distracting) After story time, we explored the stacks and found a few books to bring home. One about being a garbage man and one about dinosaurs and fossils. We then went upstairs to the 'big people' books where I found a (new to me) cookbook to try. Next week I think we will pack a picnic lunch for after.

No comments: