Monday, April 18

Looking for Lace

I have been thinking long and hard about this and I have decided that I want to knit lace. But not a manageable piece of lace like a scarf or even some lacy socks. Oh No. I want a shawl. A big lacy shawl.

That's it. That is as far as I have gotten in my thinking. I need some suggestions on patterns and yarn. I could probably use some tips on wearing one too. Especially those round shawls. I'm not sure what to do with those. Maybe a triangle is better? Not that I really know what I am doing with those either. I could also use some tips on reading a chart. I have never worked from a chart.

Any and all help is great appreciated!

5 comments:

Yarngirl said...

I've been thinking about making Charolotte's web myself - I just have to smarten up and learn how to follow a chart!

luvs2knit said...

I'm signed up for the Fiddlestick's KAL (but haven't started due to two small kids under 3). Go to: Fiddlesticks KAL. I'm doing the lacy lattice shawl.

Bonnie D. said...

If you want to start with something simple, there is a quick little airy scarf in the book Weekend Knitting made out of Rowan's mohair. Very pretty!

Angela said...

I just started knitting the Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave's Fall 2004 Issue. This is my first lace project, and overall it hasn't been too difficult. When you read the chart you want to make sure you read it from right to left on the odd rows and left to right on the even. It's a little confusing at first, but after a little practice it's not too hard!

Anonymous said...

come join us in the charlottes web knit-along,we have great help there.
cara
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CharlottesWebknitalong/