Thursday, August 30

Heirloom Tomatoes

Heirloom Tomatoes

I love life here in Texas. Life is different but it's good. However, I do really miss my weekly trips to to the farmer's market - the baskets full of fruits and vegetables, bunches of flowers, clams caught fresh that morning! I'm looking for a farmer's market (less that an hour away) here as well as (I'm really hoping!) a CSA to join.

In the mean time, I've found a greengrocer. It's not exactly the same but sometimes there are little treasures to be found. This week it was heirloom tomatoes. I love the way they look in the wooden bowl. The boys think they look like marbles or bouncy balls! (especially the green one with the purple star. That one reminds them of something that should be in Harry Potter!)

Tonight these will make their way in to a salad of mixed greens, haricots vert, baby cucumbers and whatever else I can come up with.

No comments: