Sunday, August 5

D is for....

Journal
Dreams

When I was a little girl, I would dream of being a crossing guard or maybe a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. As I got a little older, my dreams turned to things like being an oceanographer and marrying a soldier (or perhaps a cowboy). Those dreams then gave way to dreaming of a job with National Geographic and studying glaciers.

Now I dream of things like children who tidy their rooms with out complaint, finding a good babysitter for date night, and having a home that is warm and inviting. I have some bigger dreams, too. I dream of going to Paris, of seeing the Giant Redwoods and maybe even going back to school. I have some silly dreams too. I dream of driving a Zamboni, touching my toes with out bending my knees and wearing one of those big headdresses that the showgirls wear.

Today I dream of a lazy Sunday afternoon...

No comments: