Monday, August 6

E is for....

walking
Exercise

I've never really been one of those people that loves exercise. I played sports in school. That was ok. But that wasn't exercise - that was sports. I also enjoy being active with my family - doing things like hiking, swimming, skiing, etc - but that's not exericse either. That's recreation.

Exercise has always meant things gyms and Jazzercise and spandex and big sweaty guys and thin bouncy girls. I don't "do" that.

Something has changed in me, though. Earlier this year, I decided that I really needed to make some changes and the only way I could do that (aside from plastic surgery-another thing I won't do) was to exercise. I did some research, bought some hand weights and DVDs and scheduled it on my calendar (harder to avoid it when it's written in ink!) I started slow - 1 day of exercise followed by 2 days of "rest". I gradually worked up to 5 days of exercise and 2 days of (legitimate) rest. I actually looked forward to it each day!

I haven't exercised in over a month because of the move. I realized just the other day that I was really missing it, too. It turns out that I am one of those people that loves exercise. It was just a matter of finding the right fit for me.

1 comment:

Jenna Z said...

Wow, I found out I LOVE exercise too! After years of loathing gym when I could have been enjoying it! Now I love all sorts of classes at the gym! I'm planning on talking about that on my Z-day. So, I dropped in to ask you to email me with your address for the PIF swap.
beastbunny-at-hotmail-dot-com

Thanks! And thanks for dropping by!