Tuesday, April 15

Saying Grace

Blessings

Sadly, we had gotten out of the habit of saying grace at dinner. We had a little grace that we would say but I never really felt "connected" to it. With the thee and the thou, the boys didn't really "get it" either. We just sort of stopped and for awhile I let it go.

But I missed this little dinner time ritual.

So the search began and you know, it didn't really take much time to find a couple of blessings that we all really liked. I wrote each of them out on some cards on which the boys had been experimenting with watercolors. (we were seeing how the paints flowed on wet paper)

Blessings

The boys love saying grace again. They get excited each night at the prospect of choosing exactly the right one for our meal. The cards sit on a little tray in the center of the table and sometimes one of the boys will sit and look at them during the day. Just reflecting, I suppose.

Saying Grace

I love the little bit of calm this simple ritual brings to our dinner table.

No comments: