Wednesday, April 2

Cookie of the Week

Cookie of the Week

C is for cookie!

This week's cookie was chosen by Chaz. He really loves The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, so when I came across this recipe for Lemony Snickets I knew I had to bookmark it for him. The recipe can be found here. I'm not sure how I found this recipe - probably a link to a link sort of a thing.

The recipe was pretty easy to whip up. The frosting part was a bit messy but things like that usually are. The cookies alone are kind of plain. I thought they would have a bit more lemony flavor. I think next time I'll use lemon juice instead of the vanilla extract. I'm not normally much of a frosting person but in this case, the frosting really makes the cookie. It tastes a little like lemonade and really adds a (much needed) lemony flavor to the cookies. Of course, this is all personal preference, I realize. My personal preference is for a really lemony taste. I just love lemons! Since Chaz is a fan of lemons too, these cookies were very well received.

No comments: