Tuesday, April 8

Book Club

book club

It's voting time! The book club I belong to runs from August through May. Now is the time to pick our books for next year. We have to pick 6 nonfiction books, 2 fiction books, 1 classic, and 1 award winner. 73 books made the ballot and many more were nominated. Narrowing that down to 10 is a big task! There are some interesting books on the ballot. Some I am just not interested in, some that I think "um, ok", and some I am really keen to read. I can't wait to see what the finally selections end up being. For now though, I need to pour through the list and make my own selections - I only have until Thursday!

(Oh and that book, The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory, is for another book club. Unfortunately I never get to go to those meetings. They always seem to conflict with family things. This month, however, I think I'll get there!)

2007-2008 Book Club List

Aug: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Sept: The Memory Keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards

Oct: Measure of a Man by Sidney Poiter

Nov: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Dec: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Jan: March by Geraldine Brooks

Feb: The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan

March: Cane River by Lalita Tademy

April: Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakruni

May: Chronicles of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you read March? What did you think? I've been curious about that one, being an Alcott fan...

-Ali