Wednesday, April 16

Cookie of the Week

Cookie of the Week

This week's cookie is, hands down, my dad's favorite. I can't eat them with out thinking of him. They are classic Peanut Butter Cookies. I like to use crunchy peanut butter for a little extra umm... crunch. They are so good. I think I can probably count them as my favorite cookie, too.

Growing up, I used to hate it when people said I was like my dad because I thought he was pretty strict and kind of stubborn. (and I'm sure these are the traits they were referring to.) Now I realize that I AM like my dad in those ways and that is ok with me. But am also like my dad in other ways, good ways -- and we can share a love of peanut butter cookies, too.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunch, whichever makes you happy)
3 cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ and prepare your cookie sheets (I use parchment). Cream the shortening, vanilla and both sugars. Add in the eggs and beat well. Stir in the peanut butter. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add to the peanut butter mixture and combine well. Form in to little balls and place on your cookie sheets (sometimes I roll the balls in white sugar. This time I didn't). Using a fork, press the tines in to the balls to make the crisscross pattern. Bake 8-10 minutes.

No comments: