Monday, August 15

Secret Pal Mail!

I came home from my trip to some good mail! A package from my Secret Pal arrived while I was away - actually it arrived the day I left. Chris called to let me know it was here waiting so all week I got to think about it and wonder what it was!


SP5-Treats-1

My Secret Pal sent me 2 balls of sock yarn. I LOVE sock yarn! The yarn she sent is Patons Kroy Socks in the Paint Box colorway. It's so pretty! There is already a lot of debating on who I will make socks for with this yarn! The colors remind me of some flowers that were in my grandmother's garden when I was a girl.

(I thought they were Indian Paintbrushes but after doing a little Google search, it looks like they were something else. I'll have to research it.)

Also in the package was a patten book. It's Patons Classics Happy Feet. Sock patterns to go with my sock yarn! Those long toe socks look fun - I'm just not sure if I could wear little gloves on my toes! Edmund wants some though.

There was also a mixed CD that my Pal made for me. We listened (and danced) to it immediately. It's a great mix of songs some of which were new to me and some I knew. It's going right in to my iPod, for sure!

SP-Treats-kids

My Secret Pal also sent a couple of treats that the boys clamored over! She sent a "bouquet" of Tootsie Roll Pops and some Spongebob Squarepants stickers!

Thanks Secret Pal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The herringbone style sock pattern is amazing, I really love that one. I'll have to look out for it. Fun sock yarn! You can never have too much I think :)

luvs2knit said...

Wow!!! How wonderful is it to come home to a package full of goodies for you and the kids.

Hope your trip to your parents home was nice.

Anonymous said...

Are you interested in depression help, look at my sitedepression help

Anonymous said...

Farkas fighters find home on Web
The anti -Frank Farkas Web site, www.fedupwithfarkas.com started around March and then disappeared for a bit.
Hey, You have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a Directtv Detroit MI site. It pretty much covers Directtv Detroit MI related stuff.

Come and check it out if you can :-)