Thursday, July 3

Taco Seasoning

Taco Seasoning

I always have a couple of envelopes of taco seasoning in my pantry - at least I used to. They are a little too salty for me and the low sodium version is not always easy to find. I say I used to keep them because one day I took a look at the ingredient list to see exactly what I was seasoning my food with. I was really surprised at what I saw!

Now I keep a jar of my own in the pantry. It's so easy to mix up and I can control the salt, the heat and the flavor.

Tonight it's chicken tacos and pinto beans - flavored with our own taco seasoning!

Taco Seasoning

1/2 c chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 Tbls paprika
2 Tbls cumin
2 Tbls coarse salt
3 Tbls black pepper

Mix and store in an airtight container. 2 Tbls = 1 packet

Adjust the seasonings to your own taste. Enjoy!

No comments: