Monday, September 24

Scalloped Blanket

Scalloped Blanket

Another pattern from Amy's book. Have I mentioned that I really love this book?! I actually wasn't planning on getting this book at all. I don't have babies or little girls to sew for and I figured I already knew how to make napkins and aprons and such. However, every time I ventured over to the book store, I found myself flipping through it. Then I started looking at all the great finished projects posted in the flickr pool. Well one thing always leads to another and in this case, that means I, of course, bought the book.

This is the Scalloped Baby Blanket made to throw across the couch. I used 1 1/2 yards of 45 inch wide cotton with flannel between the layers. This made it just the right size for snuggling up. I didn't preshrink my fabric before sewing, opting instead to wash it after it was completed. The blanket came out out all crinkly and soft. I'm planning on making a few several more -- for the livingroom, for gifts, as a picnic blanket, etc...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This turned out beautiful...I love the fabric you chose. :) I saw it in the group pool.