Friday, November 18

Weekly Weigh In #13





I'm cruising right along!

I made it to my Weight Watcher's meeting today so I was able to "officially" weigh in. I'm down 2.2 pounds from my last official weigh in 2 weeks ago. (down 1.2 pounds from last weeks weigh in at home). I'm as pleased as punch about my progress!

I should probably take some measurements and start monitoring changes in my body and not just my weight. Once I get back to my goal, I know I'll still have a little work to do. I need to perk up a few areas, if you know what I mean. I'm not taking measurements tonight though. I'm not in the mood.

Today's WW meeting was about enjoying Thanksgiving with out overdoing it. Did you know that a slice of pumpkin pie is 9 Weight Watcher points! WOW! Luckily I have a recipe for a much healthier version. Only 2 points if you cut it in to 12 slices, 3 points if it serves 8.


Ginger-Spiced Pumpkin Pie
POINTS: 2
SERVES: 12

1 large egg(s)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp table salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
15 oz canned pumpkin
3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 average pie crust, 9-inch, unbaked


Preheat oven to 425°F (220°). In a large bowl, lightly beat egg. Stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg. Add pumpkin and evaporated milk. Stir until well combined. Pour into pie shell.

Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool before serving.


Enjoy!

No comments: