Sunday, November 20

Out with the Old/In with the New

Old-Sewing-Machine


I've had this sewing machine for the past 12 or so years. My mother gave it to me right about the time I got married. My grandmother gave it to my mother about 35 years ago when my mom was pregnant with me. She made my baby clothes, costumes, prom dresses, bridesmaids dresses, even my wedding dress on this machine. As a young girl, I learned to sew on this machine. I made baby clothes for my boys, blankets, crib bumpers, and costumes on this machine. I loved this machine.

Unfortunately I put the needle through my finger and nail while sewing last year and the machine has not been the same since. I've taken it in for service but it still is not right. I stopped sewing for just over a year because I couldn't handle the frustration.

I finally realized that it was time to face the facts - my machine has served me well but it is time to be retired. I need a new machine.

New-Sewing-machine


Last week, Chris told me to treat myself to an early birthday present and pick out a machine. I picked something with a variety of features but not too elaborate. (I don't need a machine that embroiders.) I've had it for a week now and I've been sewing non-stop. I love my new machine!

I'm not sure yet what will become of the old machine but I'm not quite ready to completely get rid of it.

1 comment:

luvs2knit said...

What a wonderful enabling husband you have? I hope that your new machine will be better than the old one.