Saturday, June 11

Weighty Issues

Having 3 babies in 3 1/2 years left me a bit out of shape and a lot heavier than is ideal. When Topher was a baby, I decided to drop the weight and develop some better habits. I joined my local Weight Watchers. I did really well, I loved my meetings and I learned a better way to eat (portion control, moderation and all that). I lost almost 65 pounds in just about a years time!

A lot has happened since then and once again I am struggling with my weight. I don't have as much to loose this time - 10-15 pounds - but for some reason it is so much more difficult this time. I keep telling myself that I KNOW I can do it since I did it before. I don't listen well.

My good friend Jamie and I have decided to cheer one another along. She started a blog to help track her progress and I have decided to "go public" too. Perhaps this will help push me over that plateau that I seem to be oh so happily resting on.

So.... for this week:

Current weight:
143 lbs *

Goals for this week:
-Drink at least 64oz of water a day
-Make a list of healthy snack options and post it in the kitchen
-Exercise at least 3 times

I'll let you know at the end of the week how I did. If you have some ideas for so yummy healthy snacks, please let me know! I am so bad at just grabbing what ever is handy and I am a snacker.

* I am 34 years old, have a very small frame and I stand 5'3" on a good day. My "ideal" weight range is 109-131 and I think I am comfortable at about 125.

5 comments:

Yarngirl said...

Em, I'm in the same boat, cept mine is bigger. I just joined WW a few weeks ago and between that and south beach, have lost 10 of the 15 pounds I put on after my gallbladder surgery. I still have a ways to go - I want to lose at least 40 more pounds, but I feel like I have a chance now. I snack on baby carrots (even I can't believe I do that) and my favorite lately, cause it's like a treat is a cup of frozen wild blueberries, semi thawed, a few splenda and some cool whip free - it's a lot of volume, it's sweet, it's cool and it feels like a desert. Good luck!

Jamie said...

Good going Em!
It really helps to go public.
I was surprized at how much I have done since posting on my blog.
YOu will do fine and remember summer is a great time for this change...lots of fresh fruits and veggies to snack on. Try frozen grapes too....or fresh fruit popscicles...they are a house favorite. (pat on the Back)...we will make it.

Shannon said...

My favorite is to take frozen strawberries and lime juice and blend them together. Someimtes I'll add some applesauce for a little sweetness, but if you use as little liquid as possible it gets really thick, like a sorbet, but it's all fruit.

Good for you for taking care of yourself! Good luck with your goals!

Anonymous said...

We have a very strict "no junk food" rule in our house that has helped me a lot. The only exception is homemade stuff. I think if you want a cookie badly enough to make it all from scratch, then you must REALLY want it. Then I eat one and pack the rest up for my husband to take to work. (his office LOVES me!) Fresh fruits & veggies and air-popped popcorn (with 1T of melted butter per 3T unpopped) are also freebies for me. I think it would be about impossible to eat enough of any of those to equal a Snickers bar, ya know? Good luck!

Donni said...

Hi Emily - check out my blog - right down the bottom is a great link to the ticker factory and you can track your weight loss there. Go girl!