Wednesday, March 23

Build a Bear

Saturday we went to Build-a-Bear for a birthday party. The boys had a great time! What a fun place for a birthday but boy, it sure can add up! Animal, clothes, shoes, accessories, etc etc etc.

After the party, we went for ice cream - yum yum! My girlfriends and I were sitting and talking. My friend Cindy (the one that I am teaching to knit) was telling about her progress with the scarf that I started her on. Our other friend Dawn knits too so we are getting together tomorrow after school for a "knit night" - err.. umm.. "knit afternoon", I guess. LOL Our children are all great friends so they will have a play date while the 3 of us knit and gab. What fun!

Dawn suggested that the three of us should have a little knit-a-long and make sweaters for the bears that our kids all just made. Cute idea but no thanks. Not that I have anything against sweaters for bears but I don't want to put the effort in making something like that when I know that it will get tossed to the back of the closet and forgotten. My boys are not really interested in playing "dress up" with their stuffies. If they do, they want to dress them in such things as baseball uniforms and Army fatigues. They are boys after all! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I think it sounds like you're having a lot of fun. My Blog probably won't appeal to you I think.. but I wanted to say there are so many lonely stay at home Mums and Dads out there, I know at times my mother was one, and I think broadcasting social ideas like this which are affordable to everyday folks is brilliant. Keep up the good work and I hope you have a lot of fun too!