Wednesday, January 30

Rambling Along

Top

January has been a quiet month here. We've just sort of been plodding along. It's been a month of gearing up and getting ready. Getting ready for what? I'm not sure, perhaps just the new year. Maybe we are regrouping. I don't know but it has been a good month.

The boys had a 4 day weekend for MLK day and my parents flew in for the long weekend. It was so nice to have them here. My dad got Chaz to get his room clean and organized - with out a fight! He also helped me organize my pantry. I was stuck and my dad is an organizing mastermind! We had a really nice visit and we were all sad them go.

Chris is in Las Vegas this week for a conference. He'll be home Friday night. I'll admit, we have fun when he's not here but it's always so nice to have him come home, again.

I put my sewing machine away right after Christmas. I felt like a little break. I pulled it out again yesterday to make this top for myself. I used the ever popular Built by Wendy pattern - Simplicity 3835. I made view C with the sleeves from view A. The pattern was so simple and I really love the way the top turned out. I can see myself making quite a few of these. However, I need to make a couple of adjustments. This one is a little too tight across the bust. Too bad, too! I was really looking forward to wearing this.

Well there you have it. A few bits of randomness from the last few weeks.

No comments: