Tuesday, January 1

2008

Calm


Last month at book club we discussed words. The impact they have. How they affect us. How they can represent different things to different people. We were asked to go around the room and choose just one word to make our own and explain why. The only time we had to think on it was the amount of time it took to get to get around to us. I was third.

The word I chose was calm. With three boys, our house is anything but calm. I tend to get caught up in the whirlwind and chaos which just leads to stress. I need to create calm. My boys being the boys that they are can sometimes be a challenge. I need to remember to remain calm.

There will be a few changes here at home. There will be small and simple changes but I think the results will be big - and so good for our family. Our first step is that we will not be playing Spring Baseball this year. The Fall season was very intense and eventually overwhelming to us all. The boys started to get a little burnt out and Edmund struggled with school. This Spring, we will be able to focus on being a family and we'll have time to explore our new area. It's a start.

My word for 2008 is calm, what's yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calm is a good touchstone word. Well chosen.

I think mine would have to be appreciation. I want to do a better job of showing appreciation for the people in my life, since I do truly appreciate them so. As well to appreciate more all the other things, like a beautiful sky or a good meal or whatever is nice about any given day...